What information does Formula E collect?
By browsing Formula E’s website, Formula E does not collect any personal data from you. Personal data will only be collected by Formula E when you provide the relevant information, in the following scenarios:
- If creating an account, subscribing to a newsletter/ mailing list, or registering for information about tickets, you may be asked to provide:
- Your email address.
- Your date of birth.
- Your country of residence;
- Your language of preference.
- If registering to purchase tickets, you may be asked to provide the following:
- Your name;
- Your date of birth;
- Your phone number;
- Your street address;
- Your email address;
- Your language of preference;
- Your country; and
- Your payment card details.
- When ordering products or services on the website, you may be asked to provide:
- A credit card number or other payment-related information. All payment information is securely processed and handled by our payment partners. To place an order, some of the information you are asked to provide is required (e.g. registering an account) and some is voluntary. If you do not provide the necessary data when requested, you will not be able to complete the transaction.
- Formula E may collect certain information that does not by itself identify a specific individual. Such information tells Formula E about your equipment, browsing actions, and the resources that you access and use through the services, such as your operating system and browser type. We use analytics and similar services to help us deliver a better and more personalised service.
- Formula E may also collect your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address. We use your IP address to diagnose problems with our servers and/or software, to administer our services, and to gather demographic information.
- If you contact Formula E for customer support, Formula E may collect additional information to resolve your issue.
- The website is not a site targeted to children or those under the age of 16. If you wish to buy tickets for children under the age of 16, or the equivalent minimum age in the relevant jurisdiction, you are responsible for obtaining consent from the parents/legal guardians of each child you wish to buy tickets for.
You consent to the provision of the above data to Formula E as and when using the above services. This information will not be released to the public domain.
How Formula E collects information
Formula E will obtain your consent to collect, use or disclose your personal information. Consent can be provided electronically or it can be implied where the purpose for collecting, using or disclosing your personal information would be considered obvious and you voluntarily provide personal information for that purpose. Formula E will provide you with reasonable notice and the opportunity to opt-in to having your personal information used.
Subject to certain exceptions, you can withhold your consent for Formula E, the FIA and their affiliates to use your personal information in certain ways. Your decision to withhold your consent to certain uses of personal information may restrict Formula E’s ability to provide a particular services or functionalities.
When you use the website, you may voluntarily provide Formula E with certain information (personal and/or non-personal information). If you’re using the website on your mobile device, you may also choose to provide Formula E with location data.
The website may allow you to provide Formula E with your e-mail address, location and language
preferences for communication, so that Formula E may send you information and updates in relation to the FIA Formula E Championship as well as to administer such email function.
Formula E, the FIA and their affiliates may use social media as an extension of their presence on the web. The social media accounts of the FIA Formula E Championship are public and are not hosted on the Formula E servers.
We recommend you read the privacy policies of these third-party service providers and those of any applications you use to access them before engaging with Formula E on social media platforms. Also, by signing up to or logging in to the website using third party platforms (e.g. Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Instagram, etc.), you may give Formula E, the FIA and their affiliates permission to access your information in such other services. By linking your account on such third-party platforms to your FIA Formula E account, this will allow Formula E, the FIA and their affiliates to obtain certain information from those accounts.
- Facebook: public profile, friend list, email address, birthday, interests, current city, personal description and likes.
- Twitter: read tweets from your twitter timeline, see who you follow, update your profile, post tweets for you.
- LinkedIn: full profile, email address, your connections (*Note: this could include work product information).
- Google+: basic profile, list of people in your circles, email address, your contacts.
- Instagram: access to basic information including your photos, friend lists and profile introduction.
- TikTok: access to basic information including your photos, friend lists and profile introduction.
It is highly recommended that you check your privacy settings on any such third-party platforms and understand the terms of applicable third-party privacy policies before linking your accounts to the website.
From time to time, Formula E, the FIA and their affiliates may run co-sponsored promotional contests. If you provide a completed contest registration form to any of our co-sponsored content, Formula E may disclose your name, address and email address to the applicable co-sponsor. Also, activities of contest participants may be photographed, distributed and used by
Formula E, the FIA and their affiliates for promotional purposes in any medium or form and without any compensation.
Reasons for collecting, using and disclosing personal information
Some of the purposes for which Formula E, the FIA and their affiliates may collect, use and disclose your personal information on the website are:
- To facilitate communication with you.
- To grant you/enable you to access certain special features, services or areas of the website.
- To process any of your requests for information.
- To permit you to subscribe to Real Simple Syndication (“RSS”) feeds to receive updates on FIA Formula E Championship’s news, information and website.
- To administer participation in contests, games, surveys and polling.
- To administer the “share” function of the website to e-mail an item to a friend.
- To announce and provide you with the latest offers and special event information.
- To advise you of changes to the website.
- To allow you to comment.
- To administer research on Formula E’s audience in order to improve provision
- To provide an enhanced user experience.
Formula E uses the information held about you for the following purposes:
- To develop, fulfil, and execute the contract of sale for the products you have purchased and for any other contract between both parties.
- To respond to your requests.
- To provide you with information about Formula E’s products, which includes sending you commercial information by email or any other similar electronic means of communication (such as SMS), and by calling you. If you are a registered user, you can change your preferences for receiving commercial information by accessing the “my account” section.
- Processing your data is also necessary for Formula E to fulfil your contract. Without the collection of your personal data, Formula E won’t be able to deliver the service you contracted.
Formula E may use your personal information to operate the features of the website and to allow you, when you choose to do so, to participate in features available only to registered users or interactive features of the website.
How Formula E shares your information
By signing up to take part in programs or initiatives that Formula E may initiate, or to receive online and/or email communications, Formula E may use the information that you provide to maintain appropriate databases and otherwise to operate and facilitate any such programs, initiatives and communications.
Different types of information are shared differently by our Ticketing Partner:
- Personally Identifiable Information: Any personally identifiable information you elect to make publicly available on Formula E’s website, such as customer reviews, will be available to others. If you remove information that you have made public on Formula E’s website, copies may remain viewable in cached and archived pages of Formula E’s website, or if other users have copied or saved that information.
- Non-Personally Identifiable Information: Formula E may share non-personally identifiable information (such as anonymous usage data, referring/exit pages and URLs, platform types, number of clicks, etc.) with interested third parties to help them understand the usage patterns for certain Formula E partner product. Such results consist solely of non-personally identifiable information. Non-personally identifiable information may be stored indefinitely.
- Instances Where We Are Required to Share Your Information: Your information will only be disclosed where required to do so by law, if subject to subpoena or other legal proceeding or if it is reasonably believed that such action is necessary to (a) comply with the law and the reasonable requests of law enforcement; (b) to enforce Formula E’s Terms of Service or to protect the security or integrity of Formula E’s Service; and/or (c) to exercise or protect the rights, property, or personal safety of Formula E’s users or others.
The processing of your personal data like your IP address, name, surname etc. that Formula E collect to make the payment available, verify your identity, to ensure the security of Formula E’s website etc. is based on the legitimate interests of Formula E. Indeed, to manage your account and provide you with the service you demand, Formula E have to collect personal data including name, surname, email address, address, connection data, etc.
Where Formula E stores your personal data
By submitting your personal data, you agree to the transfer, storing and processing of your data outside of the country where you reside. Formula E will take reasonable steps to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with this Policy.
In certain circumstances, Formula E, the FIA and their affiliates may disclose your personal information if reasonably believed that they are required to do so in accordance with applicable laws or regulations, by court order, or any competent governmental, statutory or public authority or to protect their rights and property. Formula E, the FIA and their affiliates may also co-operate with law-enforcement agencies in any official investigation, and may disclose your personal information to such agencies in doing so.
Formula E, the FIA and their affiliates are committed to meet the requirements of the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 and the UK GDPR , including through any commercial electronic messages sent by Formula E, the FIA and their affiliates to you. You may “unsubscribe” from receiving any such applicable communications from Formula E, the FIA and their affiliates at any time and your electronic address will be removed from their databases.
Personal information of Children
Formula E, the FIA and their affiliates are highly committed to protecting the online privacy of children in all countries. Children under a certain age are not permitted to submit their personal information to Formula E or sign up to Formula E’s mailing lists or competitions. The minimum age is 13 years for all countries, with the following exceptions:
- Finland- 15;
- France- 16;
- Germany- 16;
- Hungary- 16;
- Lithuania- 16;
- Luxembourg- 16;
- Netherlands- 16;
- Slovakia- 16.
How Formula E uses certain technologies on its website
The website uses cookie technology to make your use of the website more convenient. A cookie is a text file which enables the website to store any information about your activities on the website, for instance the date and time of visits, the pages viewed, time spent on the website, and the websites visited just before and just after Formula E’s website. Personal information about your visits to the website is used on an aggregate basis, which means it is used for statistical purposes to assist Formula E in enhancing your online experience, or to evaluate the materials that Formula E may carry on the website. Cookies may also be used to monitor polling results. The cookies will monitor results to discourage voting twice in one poll. This will give Formula E the ability to properly count activity reports and polling results. In addition, the cookie will store your e-mail address, which is your unique identifier, so that on return visits the website will be able to match you to your identity in the database. This is an opt-in feature which will only be made operational if you choose to do so. If you choose to disable cookies associated with the website, this may affect your use of the website and your ability to access certain features of the website.
Web beacons (also called “clear GIFs” or “pixel tags”), which are small strings of code that are placed in a web page or in an email message, which may be used in conjunction with cookies to track activity on the website. As they are used in combination with cookies, if you disable cookies the web beacons will only detect an anonymous website visit
The website may also use services to advertise on third party websites to previous visitors to our site (for example Google AdWords, Facebook Conversion Pixel and Twitter remarketing).
Links to other sites
How long will your personal information be retained for?
For Formula E to be able to provide services to you, Formula E stores information about you (including delivery address and other details you provide when you create an account) as long as you are an active customer and keep your account open.
How Formula E ensures accuracy of your personal information
Formula E will make every reasonable effort to ensure that your personal information is accurate and complete. You may request a correction to your personal information in order to ensure its accuracy and completeness. Please send a request to: email@example.com and provide sufficient detail to identify the personal information and the correction being sought.
How Formula E protects your personal information
Formula E, the FIA and, their service providers and their affiliates endeavour to maintain appropriate procedural and technological measures and storage facilities to prevent any unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal information.
Formula E, the FIA and their affiliates are taking commercially reasonable efforts to protect any personal information that is provided to it through the website. They cannot, however, guarantee the security of any personal information provided to them in an email or in online form while it is being transmitted, as the internet is a potentially non-secure method of information transfer. Any such transmission is at your own risk.
How you can access or correct your personal information
In the event that access is refused, reasons for our refusal will be provided upon your request. For example, your request could be refused because it may include information about other individuals, information that cannot be disclosed for legal, security, or commercial proprietary reasons, and information that is subject to solicitor-client or litigation privilege.
How to limit the use and disclosure of your personal information
You may withdraw at any time your consent to our use and disclosure of certain personal information by notifying us by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that your withdrawal request may take up to 30 days to implement. Also note that withdrawing your consent may preclude Formula E from providing you with certain information or may prevent your use of certain features and functionalities of the website.
Other legal rights
Data protection legislation also provides you with certain other rights.
These are not always absolute rights and must be considered in the wider scope of the legislation.
These rights include:
- The right to erasure, also known as the right to be forgotten. The broad principle underpinning this right is to enable an individual to request the deletion or removal of personal data where there is no compelling reason for its continued processing. In some circumstances this is not an absolute right.
- The right to restrict processing. You have the right to ‘block’ or suppress the processing of personal data. This is not an absolute right and will depend on the circumstances and any other legal/statutory obligations Formula E may have.
- The right to data portability.
- The right to object to processing based on legitimate interests or the performance of a task in the public interest/exercise of official authority (including profiling).
- The rights related to automated decision-making including profiling.
If you’re unhappy with our response or if you need any further advice you should contact the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO): gov.uk/data-protection/make-a-complaint or ico.org.uk