Sebastien Buemi continued his strong pace for e.dams-Renault in Buenos Aires as the Swiss driver topped the final practice session ahead of Lucas di Grassi (Audi Sport ABT) and Antonio Felix da Costa (Amlin Aguri).
Buemi heads into this afternoon’s qualifying shootout as the fastest man in both practice sessions.
Championship leader di Grassi also put in a repeat performance to finish second, three-tenths adrift of the leading time. Antonio Felix da Costa completed the top-three ahead of Daniel Abt (Audi Sport ABT) and Andretti’s Jean-Eric Vergne.
Mahindra Racing’s Bruno Senna led the way in the opening laps before Buemi moved to the top of the pile and beat his previous best time from the first session by half-a-second in the process.
Stephane Sarrazin caused a red flag mid-way through the session after sliding on the entry to Turn 4 and losing the rear of his car. The Venturi driver made heavy contact with the tyre barrier and lost his rear wing but he was eventually able to crawl back to the pits.
Follow the qualifying session on www.fiaformulae.com or via the official Formula E app from 12:00 (GMT -3)
FIA Formula E Championship – Buenos Aires ePrix (Rd 4) – Practice 2 results:
1. Sebastien Buemi, e.dams-Renault, 1:08.933s
2. Lucas di Grassi, Audi Sport ABT, 1:09.260s (+0.327s)
3. Antonio Felix da Costa, Amlin Aguri, 1:09.325s (+0.392s)
4. Daniel Abt, Audi Sport ABT, 1:09.640s (+0.707s)
5. Jean-Eric Vergne, Andretti, 1:09.837s (+0.904s)
6. Karun Chandhok, Mahindra Racing, 1:10.015s (+1.082s)
7. Jaime Alguersuari, Virgin Racing, 1:10.040s (+1.107s)
8. Stephane Sarrazin, Venturi, 1:10.063s (+1.130s)
9. Sam Bird, Virgin Racing, 1:10.084s (+1.151s)
10. Jarno Trulli, Trulli, 1:10.163s (+1.230s)
11. Nelson Piquet Jr, China Racing, 1:10.177s (+1.244s)
12. Nick Heidfeld, Venturi, 1:10.652s (+1.719s)
13. Jerome d’Ambrosio, Dragon Racing, 1:10.832s (+1.899s)
14. Marco Andretti, Andretti, 1:11.015s (+2.082s)
15. Bruno Senna, Mahindra Racing, 1:11.054s (+2.121s)
16. Salvador Duran, Amlin Aguri, 1:11.428s (+2.211s)
17. Oriol Servia, Dragon, 1:11.428s (2.495s)
18. Nicolas Prost, e.dams-Renault, 1:12.259s (+3.326s)
19. Michela Cerruti, Trulli, 1:12.695s (+3.762s)
20. Ho-Pin Tung, China Racing, 1:13.941s (+5.008s)