1. Formula E Accelerate Qualifier (“Promotion”) is open to individuals who are aged between sixteen (16) or over, excluding employees of the Promoter, its agents and anyone professionally associated with this Promotion.
2. Entrants must ensure that their participation (including acceptance of any prize) is lawful in accordance with the laws of their country of residence. This Promotion is void where void under local national laws. The Promoter will not be taken to make any representations, express or implied, as to the lawfulness of any individual's participation, or as to any other aspect of any Promotion.
3. No purchase necessary; however, internet access, a Steam account, rFactor 2 and the latest Formula E downloadable content are required to enter. rFactor 2 is available on PC or laptop.
4. In order to enter the Promotion, entrants must agree to a confidential background check and provide suitable information to answer questions to confirm eligibility and help ensure that awarding the Prize to such person will not bring the Promoter into disrepute as determined by the Promoter at its sole discretion. Part of this process may also include questions during the winner notification process and a review of personal information sourced from data available in the public domain. For the avoidance of doubt, if required by the Promoter, you shall provide identification satisfactory to the Promoter (such as Driving Licence or Passport) and agree to be subject to a social media insight check and civil/criminal searches. If the Promoter is not satisfied (at its sole discretion) with (i) the results of any searches, (ii) any background checks, or (iii) any of the other information provided by you, you will immediately be disqualified.
5. Entry Period: Enter between 12:00 GMT on the 7th January 2020 and 23:59 GMT on the 13th January 2021 inclusive.
6. To Enter: Log into your Steam account (or create one for free) and take part in the Formula E rFactor 2 Sim racing game https://www.studio-397.com/formula-e-accelerate-qualifier Set your fastest lap on the Berlin Tempelhof E-Prix circuit to enter. The fastest three (3) entrants will win the Formula E Accelerate Qualifier! Formula E reserves the right to offer additional places to the next fastest qualifiers.
7. Maximum of one (1) Prize is permitted per person during the Entry Period.
8. The Prize: Three (3) winners of Formula E Accelerate Qualifier will each be invited to be one of 24 who will compete in Formula E Accelerate - an exclusive Sim racing competition comprised of sim racers, real-life drivers and influencers. Formula E reserves the right to offer additional places to the next fastest qualifiers.
Each winner of the Formula E Accelerate Qualifier will be asked to sign the Formula E Accelerate participation agreement (“Participation Agreement”) with the Promoter. The winners are under no obligation to sign the Participation Agreement, in which case they shall forfeit the opportunity to participate in the Formula E Accelerate and another winner will be chosen by the Promoter. The key provisions of the Participation Agreement are as follows:
a. The participant will make themselves available to compete in the entirety of Formula E Accelerate which will consist of 6 shows. These shall take place on the following provisional dates (dates and exact times to be confirmed by the Promoter):
i. 28th January
ii. 4th February
iii. 11th February
iv. 11th March
v. 18th March
vi. 25th March
b. The participant will be able to complete virtually, from a location of their choosing
c. All participants must have adequate internet connectivity to Europe. The participant’s ping to the race server must be stable and be under 150ms, and there must be no packet loss. The adequacy of the connection will be decided at the sole discretion of the promoter
d. All participants of Formula E Accelerate will be eligible to receive prizes:
i. All participants will receive prize money for competing in Formula E Accelerate. This prize money will be paid based on performance. The prize money will be a minimum of one thousand eight hundred Euros (€1,800) per person. Each participant shall be responsible for paying tax (if applicable) on any prize money or other prizes granted. Prize money will be paid at the end of the competition according to the Promoter’s standard payment terms
ii. The overall winner of Formula E Accelerate will also win one of:
1. The ultimate Formula E drive experience. This will be comprised of driving the Formula E Gen2 car for a minimum of 5 laps around the Formula E circuit during an E-Prix weekend. A guest will also be invited to accompany the winner, and will be able to watch the experience. This will take place at an E-Prix during Season 7 of the ABB FIA Formula E World Championship, subject to availability at the sole discretion of the promoter.
2. Two VIP Access tickets (hospitality) to watch an E-Prix during Season 7 of the ABB FIA Formula E World Championship, subject to availability at the sole discretion of the promoter.
e. The participant will grant to the Promoter the right to use in any and all media and by any and all means his or her name, likeness, biography and photographs for any purpose in connection with Formula E Accelerate (including to promote, market, exploit the competition etc.)
f. The participant will (i) consent to the Promoter photographing, filming and otherwise recording his or her participation in Formula E Accelerate (and participation in any prize associated with Formula E Accelerate, should the participant win) and (ii) consent to the Promoter broadcasting, transmitting and distributing such recordings in any and all media. The participant will further agree that the Promoter shall be the sole owners of any such recordings (and will take such action as is necessary to transfer ownership of such recordings, if necessary, to the Promoter) and the Promoter shall be entitled to exploit such recordings in its absolute discretion.
9. Further Entry & Prize Details and Conditions:
a. Personal settings in rFactor 2 that are not regulated by game servers can be adjusted for the comfort of the driver
b. Entrants must display their full name within rFactor 2.
c. Entrants must obey track limits. Track limits are defined by the solid white lines. A car must keep two or more wheels within these white lines.
d. Entrants are not permitted to “wall ride”; intentionally hitting the wall in order to change the car’s direction and alleviating the car’s need to brake for a corner.
e. Participants must use an official Formula E livery when setting their hot lap(s).
f. No forms of cheating, gameplay, gamesmanship or gaining an unfair advantage in any way will be tolerated. This includes, but is not limited to:
i. Hardware modification – Any modification to a piece of hardware allowing it to function in a way the manufacturer did not intend. This includes adding or inserting anything not originally on the hardware configured by the manufacturer.
ii. Hacking – Any modification made to the game or other software by any person other than by way of standard software patches or updates.
iii. Exploiting game glitches – Intentionally using any in-game bug to seek an advantage. Exploiting is defined as utilising any game function that, in the sole determination of the organisers, is not functioning as intended.
iv. Impersonation (including playing under another entrant’s account) – to be understood as playing under another driver’s account or soliciting, inducing, encouraging or directing someone else to play under another entrant’s account.
v. Collusion – Any agreement among two (2) or more entrants and/or other persons to affect any competition or race and/or opposing drivers.
g. Any other behaviour as determined to be cheating, gameplay, gamesmanship or gaining an unfair advantage in any way by the Promoter.
h. Entrants are responsible to notify the organisers at the earliest opportunity of any form of cheating, gameplay, gamesmanship or gaining an unfair advantage by any other participant that they know of.
i. Entrants must notify the organisers of any unfair exploits that they become aware of. Any entrant who is deemed, in the sole determination of the organisers, to have cheated or behave in any way as described above may be penalised and/or disqualified from the Formula E Accelerate Qualifier
j. Entrants shall not engage in conduct which the organisers deem to be harmful to the business, reputation or relationships of the Promoter or its partners.
k. All entrants are expected to conduct themselves in a manner that reflects positively on the Promoter (and any of its affiliates), press, and other entrants and comply with all applicable law and regulation at all times.
l. No betting or gambling by any entrant or anyone connected to any entrant, relating to or in connection with Formula E is allowed under any circumstances. Moreover, no entrant or related person may benefit directly or indirectly from any betting or gambling in connection with the Formula E Accelerate Qualifier.
m. Entrants must be respectful of the staff involved in the Formula E Accelerate Qualifier, tournament organisers, sponsors, and/or partners at all times. Entrants must not use obscene gestures, language, or offensive comments.
n. Entrants posting negative, disruptive and brand damaging content on social media about the Formula E Accelerate Qualifier, the Promoter, the game, FIA and/or any other entrant, including by not limited to images and videos of game faults, may result in the entrant being withdrawn from the competition. Positive and engaging content is highly encouraged as long as the content is from areas permitted by the Promoter.
o. Entrants with any history of racist, homophobic, sexist, derogatory or otherwise offensive and inappropriate behaviour will not be permitted to participate in Formula E Accelerate.
p. Rallying other entrants to forfeit the competition – any entrants found to be instigating forfeits from other entrants will be removed. This includes creating group conversations on any platform asking other entrants to retire/forfeit.
q. Any entrant found breaching these Terms and Conditions will forfeit any opportunity for invitation to Formula E Accelerate.
10. Winner Notification: The winners will be contacted via the email address provided on entry within five (5) days of selection of the winners. In the event that a winner does not respond to the initial contact within four (4) days, the Promoter reserves the right to award the Prize to a reserve selected in the same manner. Reserve winners may have less time to respond.
11. Prize Acceptance: The Promoter will liaise directly with the winners in respect of their participation in Formula E Accelerate following the winner’s response as set out in Paragraph 10 above. In the event a winner decides they do not want to participate in Formula E Accelerate, they will forfeit their prize and another winner will be chosen by the Promoter.
12. Provided no objection is received, if you are the winner, your surname, country and county (if you are a UK resident only) of residence will be made available by the Promoter at www.fiaformulae.com/accelerate-qualifiers one (1) month after the close of the Promotion, for a period of eight (8) weeks. You can object to your surname or county of residence being published or request for the amount of information being published to be reduced by emailing the Promoter at firstname.lastname@example.org. Without prejudice, the Promoter will provide this information to the Advertising Standards Authority on reasonable request.
13. The Prize is not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be redeemed for monetary value or for any other form of compensation. If for any reason any element of the Prize is not available, the Promoter reserves the right, at its sole discretion to substitute another prize for it, of equal or greater value.
14. In the event that the Promotion is not capable of running as planned for reasons including but not limited to tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, dishonesty, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of the Promoter which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Promotion, the Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process or does not comply with these Terms & Conditions and to cancel, modify or suspend the Promotion or invalidate any affected entries.
15. No responsibility can be taken for entries which are lost, delayed, corrupted, damaged, misdirected or incomplete or which cannot be delivered for any technical, delivery or other reason. Proof of sending will not be accepted as proof of receipt. The Promoter does not guarantee continuous or secure access to the entry site.
16. The Promoter together with any associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense or damage which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person’s negligence) in connection with this Promotion or accepting or using the Prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law. Nothing will exclude the Promotor’s liability for death or personal injury as a result of its negligence.
17. An entry must be made directly by the individual entering the Promotion. Bulk entries from trade, consumer groups or third parties will not be accepted. Incomplete or illegible entries and entries submitted by macros or other automated means together with entries which do not satisfy the requirements of these Terms & Conditions in full will be disqualified and will be not be counted. If it becomes apparent that an entrant is using a computer(s) to circumvent this condition by, for example, the use of ‘script’, ‘brute force’, masking their identity by manipulating IP addresses, using identities other than their own or any other automated means in order to increase that entrant’s entries into the Promotion in a way that is not consistent with the rules of the Promotion, that entrant’s entries will be disqualified and any prize awarded will be void. Entrants are not permitted to enter using anonymous email services such as, but not limited to, GuerillaMail, Dispostable or Mailinator.
18. The Promoter will not be liable for any failure to comply with its obligations or any delay in performing its obligations within these terms and conditions If an act, omission, event or circumstance occurs caused by (but not limited to) global or regional health crises, weather conditions, fire, flood, strike, hurricane, industrial dispute, war, terrorist activity, hostilities, political unrest, riots, civil commotion, epidemic, pandemic, famine, plague or other natural calamities and acts of God, or any other circumstances beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter.
19. The Promoter may refuse to award a Prize in the event of any entrant’s fraud, dishonesty, breach or non-entitlement under these Terms & Conditions or seek recovery of its value if the Prize has been awarded.
21. If any provisions of these Terms & Conditions are judged to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable, this will not affect or impact the continuation in full force and effect the remainder of the provisions.
22. By entering this Promotion, you will be deemed to have agreed to be bound by these Terms & Conditions.
23. In the event of a discrepancy between these Terms & Conditions and the details in any promotional material, the details in the Terms & Conditions will prevail.
24. These Terms & Conditions are governed by the law of England and Wales and their interpretation and application will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
Promoter: FORMULA E OPERATIONS, LIMITED, duly incorporated under the laws of England and Wales, with a registered address at 3 Shortlands, 9th Floor, Hammersmith, London W6 8DA, United Kingdom, registered with Companies House under number 08412477.