THE DHL & FORMULA E TOGETHER GREEN AWARD
Full Terms and Conditions
1. This Promotion is only open to those aged 18 or over, including employees and customers of the Promoter, however the Promoter’s agents, third parties or any other person professionally connected with the Promotion are not permitted to enter.
2. Entrants must ensure that their participation (including the acceptance of any prize awarded) is lawful in accordance with the laws of the country of which they are a citizen and/or reside. This promotion is void where void under local national laws. The Promoter shall not be taken to make any representations, express or implied, as to the lawfulness of any individual's participation, or as to any other aspect of any Promotion.
3. No purchase is necessary. Internet access is required.
4. Promotion Period: The promotion opens at 00.05 CET on the 26th of January 2022 (‘Opening Date’) and closes at 23.55 CET on 20th of July 2022 inclusive (‘Closing Date’).
5. How to enter
Visit www.fiaformulae.com/DHLTogetherGreen) and submit a response to the following:
a. Tell us why you (or your nominated individual) are a Together Green hero. Describe the actions you are taking towards making a difference in your local community. (350 words)
b. Tell us about the impact you are making and how you (or your nominated individual) will benefit from winning the Together Green Award grant. Please detail whether you are making an environmental, social or economic impact and share examples where relevant. (350 words)
c. Supporting links or pictures (Optional- please note no marks are given for this section but it may help to support your entry)
d. Complete the entry form with your full name (or your nominated individual) or organisations name, email address and phone number, country of residence and date of birth.
Entries will need to demonstrate
Measurable impact the individual or organization is making to the city and community.
The value of the project or initiative in relation to their community’s needs
The long-term viability (or legacy) of the project or initiative.
Please see Clause 12 for the Judging Criteria.
6. content restrictions for entries: There are some content restrictions that must be observed for all elements of an entry: Entries which, in the Promotor's sole opinion, breach any of the following restrictions will not be accepted:
a. entries which promote any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous; dangerous to themselves or to the public or is, in the opinion of the Promoter, anti-social in any manner or which causes a disturbance or nuisance to others.
b. entries which feature violent, derogatory, profane, vulgar, indecent, racist, or cruel content, including but not limited to words or symbols that might be considered offensive to individuals of any race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, or socioeconomic group.
c. entries which portray the Promoter or Promoter's brands or products in any way that may give rise to public contempt, scandal, disrepute, or ridicule or that defame, misrepresent, or contain disparaging remarks about the Promoter or other people or companies.
d. promotes any political agenda; or
e. entries which communicate messages inconsistent with the brand values associated with the Promoter.
f. contains any copyrighted materials owned by others
7. By entering the DHL & FORMULA E TOGETHER GREEN AWARD, entrants give their permission for their entries to be used by the Promoter without further compensation, over and above the award of the prize, for up to two years for promotional purposes from the date of entry. Copyright will remain with the entrant. However, by entering this Promotion, the entrant agrees to the Promoter publishing these entries on their website and possible further use on their website, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or other social media platforms. They also agree to other possible promotional use in media of the Promoter’s choosing without any further payment, over and above the award of the prize, for up to two years from the Promotion Closing Date but with appropriate credit given to the original entrant.
8. All entries must be received by the end of the Closing Date. No responsibility or liability can be accepted for entries that are illegible, incomplete, lost due to technical reasons, corrupted, delayed or not received for whatsoever reason.
9. Maximum one entry per person or per organisation. A nominated person can only be nominated once. Any entrant or organisation submitting multiple entries will be disqualified and any prize entitlement will be void. The Promoter reserves the right to determine, in its sole and absolute discretion, whether a participant has already submitted an entry and to disqualify any subsequent entries or prize entitlement.
10. Nominations on behalf of another person will only be accepted if the nominee has agreed to be nominated by the entrants
11. Joint submissions or collaborations are acceptable, but only one person can submit the entry.
12. Judging Criteria
a. Entries will be judged by the following criteria (‘Judging Criteria’): How significantly the individual or organization is contributing to environmental, social, or economic sustainability in their community (30%); How well does the project or initiative address an issue or the needs of the people around them (20%); How likely are the actions of the individual or project to inspire others? (10%); Uniqueness of the project (10%); What is the potential long-term reach and impact of their actions? (20%); How much would the project or individual benefit from expertise that specifically lies within DHL & Formula E? (10%)
b. In the event of a tie between one or more entries, the participant that receives the highest score in ‘What is the potential long-term reach and impact of their actions’ will be selected. If a tie still remains, the participant that receives the highest score in ‘How significantly the individual or organization is contributing to environmental, social or economic sustainability in their community (30%)’ will be selected as the winner. If a tie still remains, the participant that receives the highest score in ‘How likely are the actions of the individual or project to inspire others? (10%);’ will be selected as the winner.
c. The Promoter reserves the right to withhold the prize only in the event that no entries received meet the judging criteria.
d. Participants acknowledge that other participants may submit entries that may be similar to their own, and that they will not be entitled to any compensation or right to negotiate with the Promoter over such matters.
13. Judging Process
A shortlist of a minimum of 20 entries which best meet the Judging Criteria will be compiled by DHL and Formula E, and/or their appointed agencies, and independently reviewed within seven days of the closing date. Shortlisted entrants will not be contacted or notified.
A panel of industry experts from DHL, Formula E and ABB will vote collectively on the shortlist using the Judging Criteria. The highest scoring 3 entrants (‘Finalists’) will then be invited to join DHL & Formula E for Stage 3.
a. The three Finalists will be notified by 24th July 2022 by email and/or telephone, and invited to Seoul, South Korea for the Formula E final races of Season 8 12th -15th August 2022.
b. Finalists have until 23:59 GMT on 31st July 2022 to accept their place. If you are contacted but do not respond by 23:59 GMT on 31st July 2022, you will forfeit your place in the shortlist.
c. In the event a Finalist does not accept or does not respond, the fourth highest scoring entry (at Stage 2) will be awarded the place.
a. During the trip to Seoul, each Finalist will be interviewed by a representative from Formula E, DHL and ABB, for 30 minutes to submit and talk through their plan for how they will use the €10,000 grant towards the project/initiative. The panel will decide upon the overall winner after meeting each Finalist. The trip to Seoul takes place on 12th August 2022 to15th August 2022 and includes return economy flights, accommodation in a three star or above hotel for three nights, and a daily per diem to the value of EUR 50 for four days. The trip also includes a race day experience at the final race in Seoul (13th and 14th August 2022) with VIP behind-the-scenes access and hospitality experience. The trip is for the named shortlisted entrant only – no guest, or additional participants can attend.
b. The shortlisted entrant is permitted to extend the stay at their own cost.
c. Please note this element of the competition is subject to local and international Covid travel restrictions. The Promoters reserves the right to change the location of the prize if circumstances outside its control mean the prize can no longer take place in Seoul.
d. The trip does not include travel insurance or cost for Covid testing. Each Finalist is responsible for providing comprehensive travel insurance, organising valid passport(s), and for securing necessary visas or complying with other regulations, including Covid tests prior to departure. The prize does not include travel to departure airports (neither domestic nor in Seoul) additional meals or beverages, any applicable local tourist tax, spending money or any other expenditure.
e. Covid-19: Finalists will be expected to comply with any prevailing Government guidelines relating to Covid-19 in both their own country and in South Korea, including but not limited to any required testing before travel and on arrival into South Korea. The shortlisted entrants will be required to comply with Formula E specific Covid regulations and participate in Covid testing before arrival at the Formula E race circuit. Formula E regulations may include the right to refuse access to unvaccinated personnel. If the finalist does not comply to Formula E regulations, then the Promotor is unable to fulfil the prize, therefore the finalist will forfeit their prize and place in the competition and no replacement prize will be awarded.
f. South Korean government guidance, including international travel is at http://ncov.mohw.go.kr/en/. Entry back into the Finalist’s home country is as per Covid-19 restrictions at the time of travel and cannot be guaranteed. The Promoter is not responsible for any winner not being able to return to their home country due to Covid-19 restrictions. Please check advice issued by your own Government before travelling.
g. In the event that the trip cannot be fulfilled due to factors outside of the Promoter’s control, including but not limited to any applicable Covid-19 rules, regulations or guidance, the Promoter will replace the trip with a €1,500 cash alternative (or equivalent where a cash is not legally acceptable). The Finalists will be interviewed via video link and the Winner announced at a later date.
h. Finalists (and the winner) will be responsible for any tax liability as relevant with national laws dependant on their resident country.
14. Verification process for all shortlisted entries
a. The Promoter reserves the right to verify all shortlisted entries including, but not limited a search of social channels, webpages, organisation channels and asking for documentary evidence that supports the entry. Shortlisted entrants may be required to provide proof of full name and age and proof of involvement with the stated project.
b. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify an entrant where there are reasonable grounds to believe the entrant has breached these terms and conditions.
15. The Prize and Winner notification:
a. There is 1 winner (‘Winner’) who will be announced at the Season 8 Finale Gala Dinner on 14th August 2022 in Seoul: The Winner receives €10,000 bursary paid directly to the project or initiative (or equivalent value in gold or vouchers in jurisdictions where a cash prize is not legally permitted).
b. The grant will be paid in two stages.
Winner’s project or initiative will receive 50% of the bursary via bank transfer within 30 days of confirmation of the bank account details. The prize will be paid into the bank account of the project/ initiative, not into the Winner’s personal bank account. Where a cash prize is not legally permitted, the Promoter will arrange a value-equivalent appropriate prize within 30 days
The Winner will participate in a 60-minute call with a DHL representative within 30 days of the 50% payment and asked to provide proof of how the 50% has been invested in line with the plan submitted at Stage 4 of the judging process.
c. The prize is non-transferable, not exchangeable and has no cash or other alternative in whole or in part. The Promoter reserves the right to withhold the second stage payment if the Winner is not able to provide evidence that the 50% initial bursary payment has not been invested accordingly.
d. It is the responsibility of the Winner to provide correct, up-to-date details when confirming acceptance of the prize for the bursary and prize to be arranged. The Promoter cannot be held responsible for the Winner failing to supply accurate information which affects delivery of any element of the prize.
17. Whilst the Promoter will take all reasonable steps to ensure that its obligations relating to meeting specific timeframes are met, the Promoter shall not be liable in any way for its inability to meet these timeframes resulting from an outbreak of Covid-19 either within its own business or within the Competition delivery supply chain.
18. Should Covid-19 affect the Promoter’s ability to meet any deadlines, it will fulfil its obligations as soon as is reasonably possible after its and/or its third-party fulfilment providers resume business as usual.
19. Bulk entries made from trade, consumer groups or third parties will not be accepted. Incomplete entries, entries submitted by or via third parties or syndicates, entries submitted by macros or other automated means, and entries which do not satisfy the requirements of these terms and conditions in full will be disqualified and will not be counted. If it becomes apparent that an entrant is using a computer(s) to circumvent this condition by, for example, the use of ‘script’, ‘brute force’, masking their identity by manipulating IP addresses, using identities other than their own or any other automated means in order to increase that entrant’s number of entries into the Promotion in a way that is not consistent with the spirit of the Promotion, that entrant will be disqualified and any prize awarded will be void.
20. The Promoter cannot accept any responsibility for any damage, loss or injury suffered by any entrant entering the Promotion or as a result of accepting or participating in any prize. Nothing shall exclude the Promoter’s liability for death or personal injury because of its negligence.
21. The Promoter or its agencies will not be responsible for the non-inclusion of entries as a result of technical failures or otherwise, including any such failure which is within the control of the Promoter or its agencies. Proof of submission of entry is not proof of receipt of entry. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for system errors or other issues that may result in disruption to lost, delayed, or not received entries or winner notifications.
22. The Promoter may request that the Winners participate in publicity arising from the Promotion. The Winner is under no obligation to participate and may decline this request. Participation is at the Winner’s discretion.
23. If you are a Winner of the Promotion, you agree that the Promoter may use your name, and town or country of residence to announce the Winners of this Promotion.
24. By entering the Promotion, entrants confirm that they have read and agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
25. If for any reason the Promotion is not capable of running as planned for reasons including but not limited to tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of the Promoter which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this promotion, the Promoter reserves the right (subject to any written directions given under applicable law) to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process and/or to terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion.
26. The Promoter will not be liable for any failure to comply with its obligations or delay in performing its obligations, if an act, omission, event or circumstance occurs caused by (but not limited to) global or regional health crisis, weather conditions, fire, flood, strike, hurricane, industrial dispute, war, terrorist activity, hostilities, political unrest, riots, civil commotion, epidemic, pandemic, famine, plague or other natural calamities and acts of God or any other circumstances beyond the control of the Promoter.
27. Subject to the consent of the Winners, the first name and country of residence of the winners by sending an email to email@example.com with “DHL x FORMULA E TOGETHER GREEN AWARD’ in the subject line.
28. The Promoter’s decision is final and binding in all matters relating to this Promotion, and no correspondence shall be entered.
29. If any provisions of these Terms and Conditions are judged to be invalid, illegal, or unenforceable, this shall not affect or impact the continuation in full force and effect the remainder of the provisions.
30. These Terms and Conditions are governed by German law and subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Germany.
31. Promoter: Deutsche Post AG, Charles-de-Gaulle-Str. 20, Bonn 53113, Germany