TERMS AND CONDITIONS
All rights in this FIA Formula E Championship website (the “Website”) and its contents, are owned by the Fédération Internationale de l'Automobile ("FIA").
Formula E Holdings Limited ("FEH") as the exclusive promoter of the FIA Formula E Championship, has been granted with an exclusive license to create, manage and maintain this site in its own right and on its own account.
Formula E Operations Limited ("FEO"), a wholly owned subsidiary of FEH, is the sub-licensee of all the commercial, promotional and media rights granted by FIA to FEH, and thereunder holds all necessary rights to provide the access and use of this site.
Access to and use of this site is provided by FEO subject to the following terms and conditions:
- Subscription to or use of this site constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions, which take effect immediately on your first subscription to, or use of, the site. FEO reserves the right to change these terms and conditions at any time, via postings on this site. It is your responsibility to review any changes to these terms and conditions. Your continued use of this site after changes are posted constitutes your acceptance of this agreement as modified by the posted changes.
- Material may not be copied, reproduced, republished, downloaded, posted, broadcast or transmitted in any way except for your own personal non-commercial home use. Any other use requires prior written permission. You agree to use this site only for lawful purposes, and not to undertake behaviour which is unlawful, or which may harass any person. You agree not to transmit offensive content or disrupt the normal flow of dialogue within this site.
- This site and its contents are provided "AS IS" with any faults or failings and without warranty of any kind whether express or implied. In no event will FEO and/or the FIA be liable for any damages arising out of or in connection with the use of the site.
- Where you are invited to submit any contribution to this site you are required by such submission to grant FEO, FIA and their affiliates a perpetual, royalty-free, non-exclusive, sublicenseable right and licence to use, reproduce, modify and exercise all copyright and publicity rights with respect to any such work and/or to incorporate it in other works in any media now known or later developed for the full term of any rights that may exist in such content. If you do not wish to grant such rights to FEO, FIA and their affiliates, it is suggested that you do not submit your contribution to this site. By submitting your contributions, you also warrant that such contribution is:
- your own original work and that you have the right to make it available to FEO, FIA and their affiliates for all the purposes specified above;
- is not defamatory; profane or sexually explicit, and
- does not infringe any law.
- You agree to indemnify FEO, FIA and their affiliates against all legal fees, damages and other expenses that may be incurred as a result of your breach of the above warranty; and agree to waive any moral rights in your contribution for the purposes of its submission to and publication on this site and the other purposes specified above.
- In particular, users of the forum must not post any material that is insulting, confidential, encourages pyramid or other soliciting schemes or advocates illegal conduct. In addition, users of the forum must not use it to advertise a product or service.
- If you fail to abide by these Terms and Conditions, you will be formally warned by email. If after this warning you continue to breach the Terms and Conditions, you may be permanently excluded from the site.
- FEO reserves the right to remove any posting, at any time, for any reason. In the event that any of these Terms and Conditions should be determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, then to the extent to which that Term or Condition is invalid or unenforceable, it shall be deleted. The remaining terms and conditions shall be enforceable to the fullest extent permitted by the Applicable Law.
Website users data
The only personal information we collect through our website, unless you make a purchase, is your email address when signing up to our mailing list. If you don’t sign up to our mailing list or make an online purchase through our website, we will not collect any personal information from you. This information will not be released to the public domain.
How we collect information
We will obtain your consent to collect, use or disclose personal information. Consent will be provided electronically when entering your details to our website’s mailing list sign-up function. Consent will be implied where the purpose for collecting using or disclosing your personal information would be considered obvious and you voluntarily provide personal information for that purpose, e.g. if making an online purchase through our website. Otherwise we will give you notice and reasonable opportunity to opt-in to having your personal information used.
When you use our Website, you may voluntarily give us certain information (personal and/or non-personal information). If you’re using our Website on your mobile device, you may also choose to provide us with location data.
The Website may allow you to provide us with your e-mail address, location and language of preference for communication in order that we may send you information and updates about the FIA Formula E Championship as well as to administer such email function. Through the use of such function, you are responsible to ensure that you have the consent of your friend to provide us with their e-mail address and such other relevant personal information.
FEO, FIA and their affiliates may use social media as an extension of its presence on the web. Social media accounts of the FIA Formula E Championship are public and are not hosted on the FEO servers. We recommend you read the privacy policies of these third-party service providers and those of any applications you use to access them before engaging with us on social media platforms. Also, by signing up to or logging in to our Website using third party platforms (e.g. Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Instagram, etc.), you may give FEO, FIA and their affiliates permission to access your information in such other services. By linking your account on such third party platforms to your FIA Formula E account, this will allow FEO, FIA and their affiliates to obtain certain information from those accounts.
- Facebook: public profile, friend list, email address, birthday, interests, current city, personal description and likes.
- Twitter: read tweets from your twitter timeline, see who you follow, update your profile, post tweets for you.
- LinkedIn: full profile, email address, your connections *Note: this could include work product information.
- Google+: basic profile, list of people in your circles, email address, your contacts.
- Instagram: access to basic information including your photos, friend lists and profile introduction.
From time to time, FEO, FIA and their affiliates may run co-sponsored promotional contests. If you provide a completed contest registration form to any of our co-sponsored contest, we may disclose your name, address and email address to the applicable co-sponsor. Also, activities of contest participants may be photographed, distributed and used by FEO, FIA and their affiliates for promotional purposes in any medium or form and without any compensation.
Reasons for collecting, using and disclosing personal information
Some of the purposes for which FEO, FIA and their affiliates may collect, use and disclose your personal information on this Website are:
- To facilitate communication with you
- To grant you/enable you to access certain special features, services or areas of the Website
- To process any of your requests for information
- To permit you to subscribe to Real Simple Syndication (RSS) feeds to receive updates on FIA Formula E Championship’s news, information and Website
- To administer participation in contests, games, surveys and polling
- To administer the “Share” function of the Website to e-mail an item to a friend
- To announce special events
- To advise you of changes to our Website
- To allow you to comment
- To administer research on our audience in order to improve
- To provide an enhanced user experience
Only to administer services and operations via our Website, certain personal information may be housed by authorized third-party service providers. Your personal information will be provided to such third-party service providers only to enable its proper administration of such services and operations. We may use your personal information to operate the features of the Website and to allow you, when you choose to do so, to participate in features available only to registered users or interactive features of the Website.
By signing up to take part in programs or initiatives that we may initiate, or to receive online and/or email communications, we may use the information that you provide to maintain appropriate databases and otherwise to operate and facilitate such programs, initiatives and communications.
Where we store your personal data
In certain circumstances, FEO, FIA and their affiliates may disclose your personal information if reasonably believed that we are required to do so in accordance with the applicable law or regulation, court order, or any competent governmental, statutory or public authority or to protect our rights and property. We may also co-operate with law-enforcement agencies in any official investigation, and we may disclose your personal information to such agencies in doing so.
EU’s Anti-Spam Legislation
FEO, FIA and their affiliates are committed to meet the requirements of the European Union’s Anti-Spam Legislation, including through any commercial electronic messages sent by the FEO, FIA and their affiliates to you and/or your friend. You may “Unsubscribe” of receiving such any applicable communications from FEO, FIA and their affiliates at any time and your electronic address will be removed from our databases.
Personal information of Children
FEO, FIA and their affiliates are highly committed to protecting the online privacy of children in all countries. Children under a certain age are not permitted to submit their personal information to Formula E or sign up to our mailing lists or competitions. The minimum age is 13 years for all countries, with the following exceptions:
- Finland- 15;
- France- 16;
- Germany- 16;
- Hungary- 16;
- Lithuania- 16;
- Luxembourg- 16;
- Netherlands- 16;
- Slovakia- 16.
How we use certain technologies on our Website
The Website uses cookie technology to make your use of the Website more convenient. A cookie is a text file which enables the Website to store any information about your activities on the Website, for instance the date and time of visits, the pages viewed, time spent at our Website, and the websites visited just before and just after our Website. Personal information about your visits to the Website is used on an aggregate basis, which means it is used for statistical purposes to assist us in enhancing your online experience, or to evaluate the materials that we may carry on the Website. Cookies may also be used to monitor polling results. The cookies will monitor results to discourage voting twice in one poll. This will give us the ability to properly count activity reports and polling results. In addition, the cookie will store your e-mail address, which is your unique identifier, so that on return visits the Website will be able to match you to your identity in the database. This is an opt-in feature which will only be made operational if you choose to do so. If you choose to disable cookies associated with the Website, this may affect your use of the Website and your ability to access certain features of the Website.
Web beacons (also called “clear GIFs” or “pixel tags”), which are small strings of code that are placed in a web page or in an email message, may be used in conjunction with cookies to track activity on our Website. As they are used in combination with cookies, if you disable cookies the web beacons will only detect an anonymous website visit.
Links to other sites
How long your personal information is retained for
How we ensure accuracy of your personal information
How we protect your personal information
FEO, FIA and their affiliates endeavour to maintain appropriate procedural and technological measures and storage facilities to prevent any unauthorized use or disclosure of your personal information. FEO, FIA and their affiliates are taking commercial reasonable efforts to protect any personal information that is provided to it through this Website. We cannot, however, guarantee the security of any personal information provided to us in an email or in online form while it is being transmitted to us, as the internet is a potentially non-secure method of information transfer. Any such transmission is at your own risk.
How you can access or correct your personal information
How to limit the use and disclosure of your personal information
You may withdraw at any time your consent to our use and disclosure of certain personal information by notifying us in writing through email at email@example.com. Please note that your withdrawal request may take up to 30 days to implement. Also note that withdrawing your consent may preclude us from providing you with certain information or may prevent your use of certain features and functionalities of this Website.
Your other legal rights
Data protection legislation also provides you with certain other rights. These are not always absolute rights and must be considered in the wider scope of the legislation. These rights are:
- Right to erasure, also known as the right to be forgotten. The broad principle underpinning this right is to enable an individual to request the deletion or removal of personal data where there is no compelling reason for its continued processing. In some circumstances this is not an absolute right;
- Right to restrict processing. You have the right to ‘block’ or suppress processing of personal data. This is not an absolute right and will depend on the circumstances and any other legal/statutory obligations Formula E may have;
- Right to data portability;
- Right to object to processing based on legitimate interests or the performance of a task in the public interest/exercise of official authority (including profiling);
- Rights related to automated decision-making including profiling.
Questions or Concerns